Click on the link below
I am proud to have served as the counselor here at Axtell Elementary School since 2003.
A few of my duties as the school counselor include:
- classroom guidance lessons to provide students with the skills necessary to make decisions and solve problems
- counseling individual students and small groups to discuss academic concerns, college and career awareness, grief, loss, family issues, stress and/or bullying
- promoting a positive school climate
- coordinating 504 meetings and paperwork
- coordinating Response to Intervention (RTI) meetings
- coordinating STAAR testing as well as Gifted & Talented testing
Thank you for allowing me the privilege of working with your student!
STAAR Testing Dates for 2021-2022
Please do NOT make appointments on these days!
April 5 (Tues) Gr. 4 Writing & Gr. 5 Math April 6 (Wed) Grade 5 Reading May 10 (Tues) Grades 3 & 4 Math May 11 (Wed) Grades 3 & 4 Reading May 12 (Thurs) Grade 5 Science
What Is a School Counselor?
A Counselor is someone who listens no matter what you say.
A Counselor is someone you can talk to when you feel confused.
A Counselor is someone you can talk to when you need to share something very special. A Counselor is someone you can talk to when you feel worried.
A Counselor is someone you can talk to when you feel proud.
A Counselor is someone you can talk to when you feel sad.
A Counselor is someone you can talk to when you feel lonely.
A Counselor is someone who is always a friend!
Please let your child know they can write a note and put it in the black box outside my door, use their iPad camera to scan the QR code on the wall to fill out a Google request form, or come by to see me if they ever need anything!
Classroom Guidance Lessons
Throughout the school year I will be visiting classrooms to share lesson on the following topics:
ANGER, BRAGGING, BULLYING, CAREER, CARING, CAUSE & EFFECT, CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES, CITIZENSHIP, COMPASSION, CONFIDENCE, COURAGE, DETERMINATION, FRIENDSHIP, GOAL SETTING, HONESTY, INTEGRITY, KINDNESS, LEADERSHIP, LISTENING, LOYALTY, MANNERS, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, POSITIVE THINKING, RESPONSIBILITY, RESPECT, SELF-DISCIPLINE, SELF-ESTEEM, SHARING, SPORTSMANSHIP, STUDY SKILLS, TABLE MANNERS, TESTING SKILLS, WORRYING